Saturday, November 28, 2009

Sunday Nov 8

It's another week in the book you can say! Things haven't changed much here. Same old hard intense training. So the plan is we have our midterm test this coming week from all the classes we have taken and stuff learned. Also that means I'm closer to getting out of here. Also on thanksgiving the catholic priest lines us up with a family to go to their house for thanksgiving. It's a thing they do for the holiday. All these local families take recruits for the day. So i will probably be able to call home. Also that weekend is week 6 and I get on base liberty on saturday so if we are aloud to use the phones I will. THen the following weekend I get off base liberty on saturday and i will call home then. If you get a chance that your with everyone have them try this drill- have daylen get his russian rifle sit down cross legged and hold the gun at a 45 degree angle and act like your shooting it in a sniper position. Now hold it for an hour. Here is another drill we have had to do. Grab a book that is 4x8 and roughly 500 pages hold the top part of it and hold your arms straight out in front of you. Do this for a half hour. These are some of the fun drills we do when we don't do things right. THis sucks. Just have everyone try it. Those are just a few of the drills we do. I have been sick now for 2 weeks which sucks. its hard to sleep and we only get 7 1/2 hours in the first place. I have made alot of friends. I would say i'm likeable. I got moved into another squad bay at the beginning of this week and everyone in the squad bay I was in were sad and wanted me to come back but it was our company commanders decision. Hey ask Lant what Barracks he was in "Munro", "Healy" or "James". Tonight we are going down tot he gun range to have class so on monday we can go shoot hand guns. This is the fun part of boot camp I suppose. What fun there is. We have done swimming things in the pool like a hundred yard swim and tred water for 5 minutes also put on life suit and floated. And good news I didn't get the rash!! Tell kelvin I didn't get a green belt so I'm not a girl or pansy. We had seaman ship class where we learned knots about the ships we will be on and stuff like that. It's starting to pick up since we are now doing activities. I'm still eating my fruits andvegetables but not making me better. I haven't got in trouble alot just a few times. I try to stay low cause its no fin getting yelled at. I' becoming a good ironer since we have to iron our uniforms and also shining our boots. Well I don't have much time. Please write back. I wrote 5 letters last week and only got one letter from daylen and i didn't even write him a letter. Please get Britta and people to write and get me recent pictures of kamden.

No comments:

Post a Comment